This position is remote and open to anyone legal to work in the US. It is important to note that any qualified candidate must be open to heavy travel as this role will involve at least 50% travel.
Account Management Director – Key Accounts
As the Account Management Director – Key Accounts, you will play a pivotal role in driving the company’s sales growth by managing and expanding our relationships with key retail accounts. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans, building strong partnerships, and ensuring the successful placement and distribution of our products within major retail chains.
If you are an accomplished and visionary senior executive with a passion for driving revenue growth, fostering strong senior-level customer relationships, and leading a dynamic team, we invite you to apply. Join MXL in our mission to achieve new heights and set new standards of excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Key Account Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key retail accounts, understanding their specific needs and expectations at a senior level.
- Drive substantial sales growth and meet or exceed revenue targets within assigned key accounts.
- Sales Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and implement visionary sales strategies for key accounts, driving both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Conduct in-depth market analysis, identifying new opportunities and threats, and crafting innovative sales plans based on CPG sales best practices.
- Use market insights to adapt key account strategies and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Negotiation and Contract Management:
- Lead high-stakes negotiations, securing mutually beneficial terms, pricing, and contracts with key accounts that align with company objectives and profitability.
- Collaborate with legal and finance teams to finalize and oversee complex contracts.
- Sales Team Leadership:
- Lead and inspire a high-performing sales team of seasoned professionals, providing strategic guidance and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Set clear and challenging performance metrics, conduct performance reviews, and drive a culture of goal achievement.
- Forecasting and Reporting:
- Lead the development of advanced forecasting models, monitor sales performance, and provide high-level reports to senior management.
- Forecast sales trends, customer demand, and market changes and make strategic adjustments as necessary.
- Budget Management:
- Develop, manage, and oversee budgets related to key account sales, ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- CRM/Pipeline Discipline:
- Enforce a disciplined CRM system and pipeline management to track and manage sales activities, opportunities, and customer interactions.
- Product and Category Knowledge:
- Maintain a profound understanding of our product portfolio and industry trends, enabling senior-level communication and education to key accounts.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Foster senior-level collaboration with departments like marketing, business development, supply chain, and others to ensure seamless operations and deliver a unified approach to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level experience in CPG sales, with an exceptional track record in key account management.
- Proven track record of driving substantial revenue growth and client satisfaction in key accounts.
- Outstanding leadership skills and senior-level experience in managing and mentoring sales teams.
- Extraordinary negotiation, communication, and relationship-building abilities at a senior level.
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions for strategic planning.
- Profound knowledge of the CPG industry, senior-level insights into retail trends, and a deep understanding of market dynamics.
- Proficiency in senior-level sales management software, CRM systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel as needed at a senior level to meet with key accounts.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENTWe work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
The noise level is usually moderate. Working hours are from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long- and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance