This position is located in Torrance, CA. Any qualified candidate must be located there.
Founded in 1972, Jobar has established itself as a global leader in the consumer product industry. They are home to various proprietary consumer brands bringing value-priced products to market that make life easier. Their product range includes Kitchen, Pet, Beauty, Housewares, Garden, and more. They have a long list of global customers, including ecommerce, retail stores, catalogs, distributors, and corporate gifting.
They are headquartered in Torrance, CA, and extend our global reach with locations in the United States, Hong Kong, and a distribution partner in Europe.
Jobar is committed to empowering their clients and customers with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in today’s dynamic business landscape. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a talented and driven Business Analyst to join their team and contribute to their ongoing success. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for driving business improvements and technological advancements, we encourage you to apply.
The Operations Manager will navigate growth and oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is well managed and growing while performing efficiently and effectively. This person will be responsible for leading fulfillment via our 3PL partner, order administration, facilities, logistics and quality at the company’s headquarters location in Torrance, CA.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures around order administration, EDI processing, 3PL warehousing/fulfillment, and importing.
- Responsible for hitting KPIs and operating within facility budgets.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets in each department to achieve financial objectives.
- Directly lead projects involving IT such as EDI integrations and Cybersecurity
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among CSRs, operations personnel, 3PL partner, and internal cross-functional teams to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Initiate and provide leadership towards short and long-term business plans or possible new ventures.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in doing business with national retailers in the CPG industry, from order entry to fulfillment to shipment to invoicing.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- First class leadership and communication skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute new growth directives.
- Experience with ERP software; currently using Microsoft Business Central
- Expertise in distribution, warehouse order processing and related activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the consumer goods industry required.
- Experience supporting distribution to major retailers.
- Experience with importing of consumer goods, primarily from China.
- Experience leading/collaborating with 3PL partners to achieve shipping targets.
- Experience working with enterprise ERP software and interest in BI tools.