This position is remote and open to anyone legal to work in the US.
Director of Snacks
As the Director of Snacks at MXL you will be a key leader responsible for driving the overall strategy and sales initiatives within the snacks category. This role encompasses a focus on the development and execution of the commercial go to market strategy and will be accountable for delivering sustainable growth to the business, through the establishment and management of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) relationships. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s snacking portfolio and ensuring its successful penetration and growth in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive snacking strategy aligned with overall company objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives.
- Own the commercial P&L and ensure delivery against key performance measures.
- Lead analysis and develop recommendations for growing partner relationships.
- Own and build senior-level relationships across stakeholder functions, both externally with customers and internally with key leaders.
- Develop and execute commercial strategies through a robust account planning framework.
- Conduct thorough market analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and potential threats in the snacks category.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with Direct Store Delivery (DSD) partners.
- Negotiate and manage contracts, agreements, and terms with DSD distributors to optimize distribution efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with DSD partners to ensure effective merchandising, inventory management, and promotional activities.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for market expansion, including new geographic regions and channels.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to create and implement go-to-market strategies for snacks.
- Monitor and assess competitive activities to proactively respond to market dynamics.
- Develop and manage budgets for snacks strategy initiatives.
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial metrics to assess the success and profitability of snacks products.
- Travel as required for effective hands-on engagement and a deep understanding of market realities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of combined experience in leading CPG company.
- English language fluency required and Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Proven experience in strategic planning within the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
- Strong background in snacking category.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing Direct Store Delivery (DSD) relationships.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for innovation in the CPG space.
- Experience leading strategic and data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Highly strategic in identifying and pursuing new prospects, have excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with external and internal customers.
- Must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare and wellness benefits.
- Retirement savings plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays